Dermal Filler Treatment
As we age, our skin produces less of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid. The loss of hyaluronic acid in our skin results in facial wrinkles and folds. A dermal filler temporarily corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It is also commonly used to improve the volume and appearance of the lips. Fillers are a smooth gel, non-animal product that flows easily into the skin, creating a smooth, natural look. Fillers can last from 6 months up to 2 years, depending on the product. Fillers include: Volbella, Juvederm, Voluma, Vollure, and Belotero.
Dermal Filler Treatment Benefits:
- Treats moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds
- Improves volume and appearance of lips
- Non-animal product
- Creates a smooth and natural look
Before your filler treatment:
Avoid using aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John's Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week prior to your treatment, because these may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
After your filler treatment:
- You may experience redness, swelling and bruising after your treatment, which is normal and will usually resolve within a few days.
- You may apply 100% mineral makeup immediately after treatment.
- The use of Arnica and Bromelain tablets is recommended following your treatment to minimize bruising and swelling.
- You may experience tenderness in the treated area. Apply cold compresses to ease pain and minimize swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and exposure to intense heat until redness or swelling is completely resolved.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas.
Interested in learning more or scheduling a visit with us? Use the form below to contact us.
*If you are a current customer and are looking to make changes to an upcoming appointment, please call or email our team directly.